Andycap,

Maybe tell us a bit more about your setup….

First off I’d say there has to be a reason and a subsequent solution for the signal dropping. Axiom will need to assist with that. But if you’re fed up and dont want to keep them….

Did you just get it? 30 day return applies ?
Is it still returnable ?
Or is it still with in 2 year warranty?

The trade in value if it’s past 2 years will still be pretty reasonable and you could upgrade or side grade to standard passives.

In terms of an amp, I’ve been using the ZA-1000 which is the integrated version of the ADA-1000 and I’d say go a bit bigger to an ADA-1250-2 for more dynamic headroom. A 1500 would be even better.

I’ve found the more power behind Axiom speakers the better. And it’s not so much about “cranking it” that helps, but in terms of dynamics at all volume levels especially at the comfortably loud levels. It’s very pleasing to not experience any fatigue.

No matter what you decide rest assured you’ve got a nice system and great speakers. They just need a little help it sounds like.

And yes, Mojo is afflicted with upgrade issues but overall he means well is generally correct. And has travelled the upgrade road. But ALFRs are not a panacea for every problem or nuance. But it would be a nice upgrade….

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595