Would a 5.1.4 set up be better than? There is no room for them to be put directly behind the sofa in either the family room or the game room if I was to move the set up there. The wall would be 14 feet from the TV in the game room. The family room has 20 feet of space from the TV, but the issue is that due to the awkward placement of where the master bedroom hallway door and fire place means I can't move the sofa up any more or either the sofa or the speakers at floor level will block the walkway. I can't mount them on the wall behind as there are windows and curtains covering the entire wall. I can mount them on the side, but the side near the fire place would be much farther away than the other wall side which is very short before it opens up into the breakfast room and back door. Upstairs the game room opens up to a 40 foot long entrance hallway to the front door with 21 foot high ceilings before it becomes 10 foot in the game room at the balcony so can't side mount them on the wall.

I am kind of considering buying some KEF R8a though as it seems easier to have them mounted on top of the R11 and R3 to bounce off the ceiling.