I didn't try any other EQ adjustments after the terrible effect it had on the high frequencies. In the old house, I was at first unsatisfied with the low end performance, feeling that two 6.5 woofers in a dual ported enclosure should do better than they did. I tried adjusting the EQ to compensate back then and similarly did not get good results. I think perhaps my AVR does not process EQ adjustments well or something.

Nobody local seems to carry QuietRock. I think ever since hurricane Ian they've just been focusing on keeping as much of the regular stuff in stock as possible for people to rebuild.

My downstairs isn't a basement, it's just a regular "downstairs," I don't have a basement, though I wish I did. I have vinyl plank upstairs and I don't like it. It came with the place so maybe it was cheap but it is not holding up well at all. There are a couple boxes of vinyl planks left by the previous owner, which is good because the floor needs a large number of repairs. I used to sell and install regular wood laminate for work so I'm familiar with flooring, and while this stuff is very heavy and feels good up close, the lock on the edge is not very good in my opinion. Well, it's good for me that the lock disengages easily so that will make it easier to take up to do repairs, but it also causes lots of loose edges and then the edges chip because of that. I would imagine that not all vinyl flooring is made this way, just like not all wood laminate have the same lock system, but jeeze, even the cheap wood laminates have a better lock than this.

I'm loosely considering doing tile on the concrete floor because that's what I had in the living room where the speakers were before and they sounded fantastic on tile with a seven foot rug in front of them. I'm going to put the rug back to test and see what difference that makes. But also I have/had a giant ottoman that goes on top of the rug and nearly covers all of it. Only maybe a foot of rug sticks out in front of the ottoman, and maybe two feet on the sides. Currently the ottoman is in place in front of the speakers but the rug is not, but since the ottoman covers so much of the rug I'm not sure how much difference it will make. Will find out soon though.