My wife and I just bought a new house and I am taking this as an opportunity to upgrade my HT setup. I am currrently looking to setup a 6.1 and get the HK AVR-7200 with an Axiom setup that would consist of M80(2), VP150(1), and QS8(3). I currently have a JBL S-120PII 12' Sub that I am happy with to match up with the setup. After board trolling for the past few weeks, I feel confident that Axiom is what I want to go with. So I turn to you guys for a bit of help with the final decisions.

The new family is an HT nightmare, in that it is roughly 10' x 20' with a cathedral ceiling and the back right corner (Facing the main wall) of the room is non-existent as it opens to the large open area that consists of the kitchen. To make matters worst, there is a fire place that fills the front left corner of the main wall, and it subsequently offsets my TV and soon to be speakers. Needless to say it's driving me crazy. Nonethess, I am determined to make it work. With that being said here are my concerns I was hoping you guys might be able to help otu with.

- The front mains will be floor standing, after a long debate with the wife. This is to avoid the clutter on the wall. I graciously gave in to her request, considering the what I have read regarding the M80's. So the first problem is, the M80 will be rough 5-6 feet apart, is this enough distance from one another to achieve a desireable soundstage with these speakers?

-The right and left QS8 surrounds will be mounted wall flush about a foot in front and to the side of the listening position. I have a good 3-4 feet bettwen the listending position and each of the two surrounds. They will also be about 7 feet off the ground. I am sort of locked into this location due to wall availability on the right side of the room, remember I lose my right rear corner to the dreaded kitchen. So, does this placement sound way off at all? Also will flush mounting them be a problem, or should I consider mounting the QS8's at more of an angle to compensate for the hieght?

-Finally, for the center rear. This will be mounted wall flush directly rear of the listening position and at the same height as the surrounds. I have about 2 feet between the rear center and the listening position. So I am wondering should I go with a QS8 or an M2 back there. Any thoughts? Seems that I risk the "Firing over the head" issue and may need to mount on an angle.

I really appreciate any assistance that you guys can provide. It is really these smaller questions delaying me from hitting the order button. =) Thanks guys and have a great day!

Marc