Hoping someone else has a workaround or fix....

I am not an Apple user. I don't even use iTunes anymore. I know, blasphemy to some.

I wanted to try one of the Apple TV 4K devices, as my 4K Firestick is getting glitchy. I ordered one, hooked it up and went through the setup steps. I got to the step where it was asking for my Apple ID password, and of course, I didn't have one. So, I hopped onto my laptop and started to set up an account.

I go through the steps, including CC info, login ID and password, email verification, and finally, two-step verification with a text to my cell phone. I plug that number in and click continue. I am then met with essentially a blank screen. Apple header, and a 'continue' button. I click the continue button - nothing.

I've tried this on a LAN-based PC in my office, my laptop on WiFi, my cell phone, my girlfriend's Apple tablet, and iPhone. Same results on all. I have advanced through five levels of Apple support. The last two levels tried to perform a screen share with me, but they couldn't connect on their end. On my end, everything shows I'm connected.

I've given up on Apple support. I don't have time for that anymore. The Apple TV cube is useless at this point. Figured I'd try a last step before totally giving up and ask this crowd for tips before tossing the device in the trash.

I might add that I've tried this with Chrome, Brave, and Edge. I've given the Apple page all permissions in Windows and browsers, as well as turned off pop-up blockers.

Any other tips to try before embracing defeat?