Hi everyone. I hope you can answer this question for me: I recently moved my girlfriend 400 miles away to go to college. She took our furniture and everything once we found an apartment, and I started looking for a job to move down with her eventually. She would come up and visit me once in a while. ANYWAY, when she came up, she'd bring our DVD player to hook up up north, since that was the only one we had. NOW, we hook it up normally with a Toslink, but when she'd bring it up to visit, she'd leave the Toslink downstate and we'd just use RCAs. Now that I've moved down here, I went to hook up the DVD player via the Toslink and it seems like the ends don't fit. They are long and skinny instead of blocky-square shaped. Am I CRAZY, or is it possible in unhooking a toslink that the ends can just come off? My girlfriend insists she didn't remove the blocky ends, but I can't figure out why my cable won't fit into my equipment anymore, and I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. When I purchased the cable, I didn't buy adapters or anything, so as far as I can tell no obvious parts are missing.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this.