I want to run stereo from the amp in my living room to amps in a couple other rooms, at line-level. This is just for background music, TV audio, etc. Distance around perimeter is up to 75 ft.

The target amps and speakers are very basic ones, but I'd like to give them as good a signal as practical. Elsewhere on the Internet, I've come across a mention of using shielded twisted pairs (relatively inexpensive) and matching transformers (which I think are also inexpensive) at each end. But I have no idea how to actually do that. Is this a sensible approach? Is it the same as a "balanced line"? Other approach?

The source amp has A/B capability, but I don't (necessarily) want the volume to vary at the targets. My budget is $40-100 depending on effectiveness. I realize that barely covers the cost of that much wire of any kind, but the amps themselves are worth hardly that.

If I'm careful about routing, could I get by with plain 16-ga lamp cord? Or maybe RJ-6 (100ft@$20)? First priority, of course, is to do no harm to the equipment. Second priority is to do little harm to my wallet.