Bendit, I would have to agree with WhatFurrer on this one. 2 points here:

My living room is the size of your kitchen and is very reflective too (I do not have any sound absorbing material save for 2 tiny thin curtains). My M3s sound fantastic and the only issue that i have always is that the bass is very locational. I can hear the full bass only when I'm exactly in the sweet spot and few other locations in the room. But the midrange and highs sound excellent almost anywhere. I assume this is because my walls reflect plenty of sound. But the M3s have excellent overall sound and the upper bass hump is what suits me very well. You should be happy with them.

I have assembled a tiny amp (2Wx2) and speakers for my wife in the kitchen (10x10 ft). Everything's fine till now but there's plenty of grease and oil on/in the amp and speakers. Its impossible to remove the oil because the speakers have paper drivers and all this in just 2 months! We're not feeling too bad about it because I can always assemble a new one again. But spending $275 on M3s to get them oily is something I'm not very comfortable about. Unless you place them far far away from the stove.

Just my 2 cents too.