Months and months of surfing the web, tracking articles, expert opinions, message boards etc. I finally bought myself my own music nirvana.
I replaced my Bose Lifestyle 12 with M-80's, vp-150, QS-8's. Bought a Sunfire mark Iv sub and a Denon avr-3802 receiver. All hooked up to a hdtv-ready toshiba 55" and dvd player. Every night I now listen to music like a teenager, jaw to the floor and stupid smile on my face, while my wife and kids are desperatly looking for a therapist!!
Well 3 months of this pure pleasure, tweaking, moving this , changing that, spl meter in one hand, tape measurer in the other ( you guys are like me right?) it finally struck again! You know, the need for more! What else could I buy that would bring me to the next level? A dvd-a player? Sacd? Both?? I am a music JUNKIE! I need serious help man!!
But wait.. What is that over there? Oh dear, with all this speaker shuffling I forgot those little speaker spikes!?? Since I'm finish tweaking it can't hurt to screw them on, right? Well 5 minutes later it's done and I put my favorite cd on.
Ouch Baby! I just get hit by a base punch in the stomach. What an impact!! I am floored. I was gonna spend thousands more on electronics but those little baby's probably worth $5.00 just improved my speakers by I would say 50%!! I could not believe it. It feels like the speakers grip the carpet with tiger paws and just project the purest bass I have ever heard. We're talking Yo-Yo Ma playing cello with your guts as an instrument. It is Bass you can feel.
Aahhh! I am back in music heaven, jaw to the floor, stupid smile and all.
I am HappyJohnM80/now w.spikes, music junkie.
So long for now.