I'm getting ready to buy a pair of M80's and need help choosing a receiver. I've allocated $700 (US) budget for it and narrowed down my choice to either Denon AVR 2803 or Marantz SR6400. Can anyone recommend one over another or anything else in this price range?
Having said that, I want to mention that after reading numerous articles about the A/V equipment, I start leaning towards the idea of going with separate components rather than a single receiver. Many people claim that going this route will yield a considerable improvement in sound quality. If that is indeed the case, I'm willing to stretch my budget a little since I'm not going to upgrade my system for a long time. So far, I read very good reviews about the Outlaw 950 preamp and was contemplating an idea of coupling it with a pair of Outlaw 200 M-Block amps to drive the M80's. This setup would cost me $1400, which is $700 over my budget. Can anyone tell if the difference in sound quality achieved with this setup vs. a single A/V receiver is worth $700? I'm torn... Please advise.