That's great you have found some working methods to help out your speaker performance.

JohnK's advice on moving the sub up front is well founded.

When i first received my EP350, i had virtually no room at the front of my listening area for this speaker. It originally sat next to my couch to the left side. Unlike your setup, i had anticipated too much bass in having the sub so close to my listening position so i turned down the volume but the sound was still very mixed and not intergrating very well with the rest of the setup. Trying different cross over settings only made things worse.
So, i pushed and pulled and wedged the EP350 in right next to my front left M60 tower.
Without doing anything to the crossover, phase or volume knobs, i experienced a MASSIVE increase in the sound integrity. It really did sound good, a world better than sitting next to the couch. This wasn't really unexpected but more a mild disappointment since the best place for the EP350 (for function and aesthetics) would have been next to the couch.
Of course it is easy to walk through the proper steps to setting up subwoofers at home. Get down on your hands and knees, move the sub around the room until you hear the best sound, etc. However, due to the diverse nature of each listening room, the possibility highly exists that the best sub location will be in an area simply impossible to place permanently.

The moral of the story, sometimes you simply have to get out the crowbar to make it work!
(i think a tv repair man once told me that, oh, no, waitaminute...it was Randyman, now i remember)

Last edited by chesseroo; 08/05/02 09:37 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."