Back on 5/9 I came home to find that half of my electrical service to the house was down. It is a 100-amp service. I traced the problem back to the taps from the electric company. Turns out that one leg of the service had failed, so I called PECO (Philadelphia Electric Company), they sent a service tech to the house and he confirmed that the issue was in the underground feed and that one leg had failed. The tech pulled the meter and installed jumpers to restore service to the balance of the house until they could make a permanent repair.

It was that evening that I noticed a buzz coming from the sub and the axioms, at first it was intermittent but soon after it became continuous. My feeling was that the ground was floating and that was the problem. A couple of days ago a crew came to locate the open and dig up the sidewalk. I mentioned this issue to them and they told me that the neutral could be floating as well. It was not until today that the service was repaired.

Unfortunately the buzz is still there, I have checked all of the receptacles for ground and all is fine, I reversed polarity, still didn't work. I have checked all the interconnects and have tried the process of elimination but to no avail.

The panel is grounded to an old led water service, which may be the problem. I'm going to install an 8' ground rod to see if that clears the issue.
Any thoughts or input would be a great help.

Thanks,
CAV 104 (Jim)