Morn'n Mr H..
Glad to know I am not the only one out here with the po' mans sub blues..
The Costco deal of 99 bucks a pop was too much to pass up.. So, I bought two of them !!
Actually, this allows me to run them at a lower volume, thereby avoiding many of the problems inherit to this class of equipment.. So there was some logic to the buying frenzy..
A two sub system pretty much knocks down all those hot/cold spots throughout the room.. At 120 watts each, two 10's can add a LOT to the listening environment... :>
But, it's only fare to admit, I long for the day when they are both replaced with EP-175's.. Or maybe even 350's ?
At that time, the KLH's will be moved into the family room, off the patio, to serve as party favors.. hahaha..
Bottom line, keep the sub (for now).. Let those M22's sing their little hearts out, leaving the low freq work to the LKH Black box.. Then, start sockin away the Looney's for the real deal, eh..
PS: You can make the KLH better sounding by stuffing it with accoustic filler, some more in the port, and adding 4 more mounting screws to the speaker surround.. Enjoy....

LFE ! The rest is just details..