I'm having a tough time figuring how I'm going to setup my small appartment. I am 0% HT and 100% music. I listen mostly to rock + R&B, so responsive and loud bass is important to me.

My former system consisted of 2 monitors with 6" powered sub's in each. I'm looking for a setup that can provide comparable bass (preferably more) when hooked up for my 75W RMS Yamaha receiver.

Most of the detail in the music I listen to is in the bass-line and high-freq range, so I'm not particularly concerned about the midrange. Also, I plan to add a center channel for PL2 in the future, so I presume that would take care of any midrange the mains will be missing.

So, I've been looking long and hard at the M22, M40 and M50, and I'm not sure what would be best suited for my system. I'm leaning more towards the M40 which are right in my price range. But, I'm wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to M50's. The dual woofers seem like they'd work well with my bass-heavy listening, but I've seen a lot of luke-warm reviews of these speakers that suggest upgrading to the M60 (which is out of my price range).

It seems to me that the M40 is more balanced than the M50, while the M50 is a better bass performer. Would adding a center channel and using PL2 balance out the M50 while keeping it's seemingly good bass properties?

Also, what about placement? I have a small room, and I have multiple spots where I listen, so I'd kind of like a setup that will sound good not just in one spot. This is why the M22 is on my list, because people seem to recommend monitors when you need to be flexible with placement.

Any suggestions/comments/advice on how I should set this up would be appreciated!