Alright. My roommate got scammed, but I must say that it was partly, if not completley his own stinkin fault. He was in the market for a Canon GL2 Video Camera. He had the cash saved up to buy a new one from B&H, but against my advice said he was going to save a few bucks and buy one off eBay. He saw one on Ebay and conteacted the seller with some questions he had. The lady answered his quickly, and he decided he would buy a camera from her. This is where it started going downhill. The lady said she was in the EU but that the camera was NTSC. He believed all of the BS she was feeding him. She then wanted him to wire her the money. Most dumb ass move of all time right there. Wire money to some random person in Spain that you have never talked to other than email. Typical scam, wire the money under false name, get person to check money has been sent, then send tracking numbers, then change name on wired money to real name.

So he sent the money under a false name, and emiled the person to verify that he had sent the money. So, he was waiting for tracking numbers when he checked on his money. It was gone and he never heard from the lady again.

Live and learn, never wire money. 1st hint of a scam right there. He filed police reports and all sorts of eBay reports, WesternUnion fraud, all types of stuff. He eventually found out that the lady worked at a bank in BFE Kentucky, but did nothing more after that.