The Samsung model, with DVI out, that has been available for a year is the 931 and it does NOT play SACD & DVD-A. The 841, with DVI out, just came out this month, and the 941, with HDMI out (compatible with DVI input equipped displays), comes out next month, and BOTH will play SACD and DVD-A. And yes, the big differences between the two are the Faroudja chip and HDMI out.

There are a lot of complaints, over at AVS, that the 841, like it's predecessor, the 931) won't pass blacker than black (don't ask me, I haven't the foggiest). It is hoped by all, myself included, that the 941's black level adjustment will correct that.

The Bravo D1, with DVI out, from V,INC ($199), came out a year ago has just been replaced by the Bravo D2 ($249). Neither play SACD or DVD-A. I had a D1 and now have the D2. Great PQ through the DVI out.

All the first edition, relatively inexpensive, DVI out players (D1, 931, Momitsu 880, etc.) had build and electronics quality problems. It is hope that the newer models (The D2, 841, and 941) will have corrected those problems

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton