The 12 guage "Carol" wire at Home Depot has been positively reviewed/discussed on other forumns. There are 2 places to obtain speaker wire at Home Depot (and Lowes). First is on the regular shelving where they have RCA or Phillips brand up to 14 guage. For 12 guage wire (manufactured by "Carol" at HD; uncertain at Lowes) it is on the huge revolving carosel of bulk wire where is sold at $0.33/foot. Also, I noted next to the bulk wire carosel "contractor pac's" of 250 foot spools, dropping the per foot cost into the twenty's but I forget how much.

Uncertain what brand Lowes carries in bulk, as was beyond my eyesight on the carosel and didn't see contractor pacs. NOTE: Both HD and Lowes also have 14 guage and 'zip' wire on the bulk carosel.

For end plugs, uncertain if the RCA banana plugs at HD will accept 12 guage, but I do like their assembly. Radio Shack is a good source as they have various plugs designed for 10-12 guage and 14-18 guage. Be careful of package labeling as the plugs look identical.

Last edited by tizeye; 06/17/04 12:14 PM.