Do a forum search. There have been LOTS of discussions, many of them less than pretty.

Axiom owners like their Axioms. Rocket owners like their Rockets. Only your ears can decide what your ears like.

I had a couple of philosophical problems with Onix. First, I wanted a three-way speaker. There are going to be smart people that tell me it does not make any kind of scientifically-proven, quantifiable difference whether a speaker uses a midrange or not. They are probably right. And it was my money. The Rocket line costs considerably more for my preferred combination.

Second, I wanted to support jobs in North America. While I understand that some of the Axiom components are manufactured overseas to their specifications, the speakers are designed and assembled in Canada. Far from being enticed, I'm actually appalled that part of the Onix pitch includes touting use of exotic wood veneers from the far corners of the globe. Many people are seduced by the real wood on the Rockets; I can't help but "see" a Chinese factory when I look at them. When I look at my Axioms, I see quality, design excellence, and real people doing good work in an authentic community on my side of the ocean.

I'm sure the Rockets are fine speakers. I bought Axioms and have no regrets. YMMV.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem