My room measures 12 wide, 21 long, with ceiling running long way, 8' each end to a peak of 10 in the middle..
System: M80's, VP150, two QS8's (two more soon), two less than adequate KLH 10" subs, and the Denon 3802.. Mits 65"..
I would like to create more of a Theater look, with curtains across the top and down the sides.. Nothing as grand as Joes, but I gotta try, eh..
Getting the 80's up leaves me less clutter around the set.. EG: Subs, Amp rack, empties, etc..
If I go heavy fabric, the speakers will have to be visable.. But I might use the sheer 'scrim' type found in stage plays.. See thru it if lit from behind, but not if lit from the front.. I could then paint a scene on it.. Not as luxurious as Blue Velvet, but the speakers could fire thru the scrim unhindered..
Has anyone found info on hanging speakers ? Might someone have some guidelines to follow ? The weight is not an issue, as I used to hang my old studio monitors, back in the old 4 track 'home studio' dazz.. My concern is placement, and just IF hanging toweres is a good idea ? Will it effect the sound in a bad way ? Shouldn't, eh ?
Oh, sorry.. If I do hang the M80's, I will also be hanging the VP150.. Might as well hide them all.. Besides, I have often wondered what effect the center channel had on the t/v, what with all vibrations and such from the sound ? Something to think about, right ? Getting these rear projection sets tune in is a chore.. No need adding to them going out any faster ?
Ok, nuff said for now.. Let me know what ya think.. Thanks to all...

LFE ! The rest is just details..