Home theater pc’s are the way of the future, for 4000$ you could build a home theater pc that would blow that Onkyo out of the water the only thing the Onkyo would have on a home theater pc is the fact that it has built in amps… but even still… you could spend 3k on a ht pc, and buy 2 5 channel amps, and connect the amps to the computer, and you would still have a FAR superior product. And with a computer base, it would be infinitely more upgradeable than then Onkyo, with one exchangeable daughter card… the receiver manufactures are having to come up with new stuff, to keep the market share, because as home theater computers are becoming more and more popular, and easy to build/use, I think the market will lean towards the ht pc vs the receiver market, I mean think about it, you get a few programs, you can have “near perfect audio” and near perfect video, though the processing power of the cpu in the computer… not to mention, if you have a few terabits of memory, which is not “that” expensive any more, you could have your ENTIRE dvd collection on your computer, hence, you would never have to search for that movie your kids misplaced so nicely for you…

But then again, I'm some what of a computer nerd, so for 4000$ me personally I would rather build a computer that could do much more than the Onkyo, and probably still come in at under 4k… but none the less, that is a damn fine unit… I saw that about 2 months ago… when I was surfing the net… its just not for me, personally…. Good find though.