I have owned a pair of M22ti's for six months now, and I still get a grin from ear to ear everytime I sit down to listen to them (which is usually nightly). I knew when I bought the speakers, however, that I would want a subwoofer at some point, and now I am now making a final decision on what to buy.

My system includes a Denon AVR-1804 receiver, and a Sony DVP-NC665P 5 disc DVD player.

I have generally narrowed down the subwoofer search to two models: the Axiom EP175 and the HSU STF-2. I have a smaller living room 14'x12'x8' and will very likely be forced to place the sub towards the front of the room instead of beside the sofa on the back wall. I am mostly a music listener, and so good punch from a bass drum is more important than dinosaur footsteps, but I don't mind the deep bass either.

Now for the question... Is the HSU actually better, and if so will it work placed at the front of my room instead of to the side of the couch as Dr. HSU recommends? For those who have heard either product, are you satisfied? Any comments are appreciated.