I just returned from a visit with 2x6. He was a very kind and generous host, and I had a great time. He charred up some meat, grudgingly drank some beer with me, provided some fine Punch cigars and really went out of his way to make me feel welcome. Thanks again, bud.

We listened to his tube setup for almost an hour. I was quite surprised by what I heard - not what I expected at all. After all the talk about distortion produced by tube amps I expected to hear something drastically different from my Denon receiver. What I heard was a very nice 2.1 stereo system - excellent in every respect. Never harsh, no sound of any distortion that I could hear, excellent mids, plenty loud, clean and superb.

As great as the tube system was, 2x6's HT system was what I really wanted to hear (tube amps not being something I can do with a 10 mo old kid). I was very impressed. His homemade center channels can really scream! The sidemounted QS8s worked great. Very nice all around.

But I have to admit that I didn't drive 50 miles to hear QS8s (which I have at home myself), I was most interested in beholding the SVS 20-39. It is big - ridiculously big, but it's better looking than I had thought it would be.

We demo-ed the two DVDs I had brought - "Nemo" and "Scrat's Missing Adventure" from the "Ice Age" bonus features disc. The output from the SVS was tremendous, room shaking, couch shaking, yet very accurate. Not fat and soft at all. I think what was most impressive about that sub is how clean it was. Though it went VERY deep, there was no boom at all, no lingering resonances like I've heard from all the boxed subs. Is that a product of the cylinder design? If so, why doesn't everybody start building cylinders? That thing was fantastic!

Thanks again, 2x6.