Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to A/V so please bare with me if I sound out of place. I've been reading alot of reviews on the Axiom and they're pretty impressive for the price. My concern now is what speakers to get for the room dimensions that they will be in. The HT will be in a fairly large area. I will describe the dimensions now as accurately as I can.

The room is about 13X28. If you picture the room as:
..........N
W13..........13E
..........S

And I will refer to placement in terms of NWES etc.

The screen will go on the North wall. To the right of the screen on the North wall is a 3ft opening into a large kitchen den area. On the SE corner are a set of stairs going up to the second floor facing East. On the SW corner is an opening South that is the front door and a 8X6 Foyer. The ceiling is vaulted all the way to the Second floor ceiling so it's pretty high....30ft? The second floor has a balcony on the East side.

Sorry to be so detailed but from my readings it seems that room layout and speaker placement is essential to get good sound. Now considering I will be facing the wider wall and will be sitting about 9-10' from the screen. What is the best option in terms of front speakers. I like the reviews on the M80's but I'm afraid of it being "too much speaker". Is there such a thing?

My current proposed system:
Panasonic TH-42PWD6UY Plasma
Denon AVR-3805
Pioneer DV-578a
Axiom:
M80ti
VP150
QS8

I'm thinking that I might be able to hold off on the sub. Some people tell me that it's not needed for most applications. What is your input. Thanks in advance.