Hi Todd,
It's been quite a while since my last visit. After reading your input, I thought I might share my experience with you.

I have a NAD T761 receiver with a pair of Monitor Audio S8 speakers. In my book, this combination is simply breathtaking. I must tell you that I'm no audio expert and my matching of NAD with MA was purely by chance. Initially, while scouting for a receiver, I shortlisted NAD with Yamaha and Denon. While both Yamaha and Denon were superior for HT when it comes to the dynamics of crashes and explosions, NAD won hands down in bringing out the best in music with superb refinement and details. When it came to speakers, I had problem getting hold of Axiom m60s or 80s to listen in Australia and some kind souls here recommended Monitor Audio as the closest possible similarity to Axiom. The end result was pure listening pleasure anytime.

You're right, NAD has the reputation of producing the best in music and your decision is very much dependent on your personal preference of music over HT or vise versa. With that, I wish you all the best............

dajlc