In reply to:

On that note, I wonder if The Thunderbirds will switch to the F22. With its vectored thrust capability, it should be able to fly circles around everything else out there.

That would SO rock, but alas that plane is jsut way to expensive, I highly doubt they could justify having ~8 or so set aside for a flight team.

Now I've never been connected to the military but planes in general have always been a very high interest for me. I would ABSOLUTELY kill (well ) to see a SR-71 fly. I think if I could manage to see that I could die happy.

I'm pretty excited the T-birds will be in town this yr for Offutts air show. I haven't seen them for a long time, 2 yrs ago was the Blue Angels. It was pretty aumusing to hear them talk all the smack about being the best but they had a delay to start because one plane had engine trouble, then during the start of the show a 2nd plane had to land for another problem.

Coolest plane I've seen in person was the F105 Starfighter. Big long engine with little wings. Made the coolest sound I've ever heard from a jet.

I could ramble on forever with this topic