Today, I dropped in a local video store to check out some Mitsubishi RPTV's. While I was in one of the display rooms, I noticed a Paradigm sub tucked away in the corner.

I asked the salesperson about it and he told me they quit selling Paradgim around a year ago. He told me the sub has been sitting around since August of last year and was the last piece of Paradigm left in the store. He told me if I was interested, they would give me a good price just to get rid of it.

I had to check it out, so the salesperson went over to the computer and typed a few buttons and said, "you can have it for $760." I believe MSRP is $1,500. My friend bought his Servo 15 for $1,200. I was ready to pull the trigger on a SVS 20-39 PCi, but considering what happened today, I am in a dilemma.

Now, this unit is a floor model and its a year old (version 2). It looked to be in good shape, but I just don't know how much discount one should expect when buying a demo model that has been sitting around for a year. The sales guy claims it never was demo'd that often and hasn't been hooked up to anything for months. He might be telling the truth since it wasn't hooked up today (they had to hook it up for me to give it a listen).

The price initially seems good, if it were brand new and in the box. However, considering this is a demo/floor model, is $760 really that good of a deal? I just don't know the rule of thumb regarding discount pricing for electronics that are unit/floor models.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.