I'm not a sadist.

Very thankful my better half knows nothing of the custom colors...then again, maybe a phone call is in order to Alan or Amie. "Geez, we were wondering, not really happy with the black, would you mind sending the "hot pink"." I think they would just give me the speakers to get rid of me. LOL

Ray3, you have no idea how much better the sound is already. I would venture to say that it rivals many if not all the local theater setups, with the exception of the screen size. Two channel stereo has never sounded more full and rich. The mids are still sucking wind but the bass is tight and that was chore number one. The setup of an AVR and a relatively inexpensive proamp make for a very good combination. The only downside that I have found so far is the fan noise from the proamp. I'll have to mod it with quieter fans...if it was in a seperate rack in another room though, it's perfect. Like I stated over in AVS, for ~$1,100 I have last years top of the line H/K AVR that has enormous power and 260 Wpc @ 8 ohms from the Crown to drive the mains. I got the power and at a reasonable price point.

I have been listening quite a bit to two channel stereo, which prior I always shied away from (didn't sound so good at loud levels). Now I can't get enough of it, and this is at spl levels of 104 (read big grin). Very clean. In fact, not that it means much if anything, but I can't hear any static from the fronts, from about an inch away, until the H/K is turned to +9 on the dial on a scale of -80 to +13. More than adequate.

I have all 3 LOTR's as well as about 60 other DVD's (finding nemo eg, I want to hear the "glass tap" scene). I am afraid, however, that I will have to watch them all over again.

I am expecting a huge step up from my JBL's and I don't think I'll be disappointed.

I am concerned though and will have to be careful to not crack the 75 gallon fish tank on the other side of the room.

Just my .02

Rich You don't know until you try.