Thanks for all the many replies. Below the photo is a simple schematic of the room, kind of an odd shape but what can a person do!! The plan is for the Infocus 4805 projector on the wall, with seating position about 13 feet give or take. That leaves around 10 feet to the rear wall. I would have to guess that the spousal unit will poopoo the 7.1 anyway and opt for the 6.1 due to a cleaner look. As far as a receiver I have not purchased one, but the plan is definitely 7.1 so that down the line if I want to put a second speaker on rear wall I am good to go. As far as receivers I am looking at the Yamaha RX-V750Ti, RX-V 1400, and RV 2400 as well as a Marantz 7400. Wife seems to want silver stuff downstairs so that almost certainly means the RX-V750ti or I guess the equivalent in the HTR line from Yamaha. Anyone have a 7.1 Yamaha that they run with Axioms?
Thanks again for replies and listening to my ramblings!!
Mike
PS: I heard this description for 5.1 versus 6.1 and 7.1. In 5.1 the bullets feel like they are whizzing by you, in 6.1 and 7.1 they feel like they are going through you!!