My room is about 12' wide where I have my monitor and front 3 speakers. I sit about 10' away with 22' ceilings. I cannot mount the surround speakers on the sides in my room. Well I probably could if I wanted to be in heated fight with my wife. I am currently using KEFs as surrounds that are mounted on a 8' ledge about 10' behind the couch. It actually works pretty darn well but the KEFs distort on demanding passages and it is irritating to be distracted. I am asking if the Axiom surrounds would work on the back high ledge since they are quadrapole rather than direct radiating speakers. The feedback from the company said they work best on the sides but still sound pretty good in the rear as well with their surround environment. I just want to have an awesome surround sound and forget the surround speakers are there and enjoy the movie. I'm just afraid that I won't get a very good surround environment since they aren't direct radiating speakers that are pointed down towards the listening environment.

Any ideas?

Regards,
RH