the beauty of HT is that everyone has their own opinion.. with that being said, i would disagree with protech.

the M22's are lacking in the low end, and a sub comes highly recommended by most people that own the 22's. plus, i think that a sub is essential to get the 'true' LFE theater experience. the sub is what, in my opinion, brings the whole movie watching experience together.

also, the 22's are supposed to have a great soundstage on their own, so you may not need the center channel right off.. and you might wanna look at the HSU STF-1, or STF-2 sub.. you might find them at the same price as the EP175, and they have a little better frequency response.

i am in no way saying protech is wrong, i am simply expressing my opinion, which happens to be different than his. there is no 'right' order in which to build your HT. it always comes down to personal preference.

to get an idea of what you like, go to a local stereo shop, and have them cut the sub off and on, then cut the center channel off and on, and see which sound you prefer.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??