First of all, I think you should use M2Tis for the front. If you have a subwoofer, the added bass of the M3ti bookshelves means nothing. And the M2tis use the same midrange woofer as the center, so it would match better.

The M2tis is also a more neutral speaker in comparison to the M3ti, so it would be a better match all around, and a bit cheaper. I'd recommend M3tis for surrounds if you _have_ to get that speaker as a front, yet I'd recommend M2tis all around since they'd blend better with the center, they'd be cheaper(40 bucks less), and more neutral.

This should be all the speaker wire you need. The cheapest digital coaxial cables at best buy should suffice to connect the DVD player to the receiver, and the cheapest component/svideo would too.

A cheap receiver and Axioms would sound a lot better than a good receiver and a cheap box system, so don't worry about it.

Now, for a receiver.. all of the solid state Panasonic models put out about the same wattage. The digital one is $300, the solid state one is $200. Go for that one. Into 8 ohms it puts out over 75 watts per channel with all channels driven. The digital one puts out over 80 per channel with all channels driven. I remember reading tests done on the wattage output of those receivers. The only fault found with these is that the lowest frequency for the crossover is at 100 Hz - but the M2tis are small bookshelves, so this crossover should blend in well with the setup. You can get the receiver for $150 new at Amazon, here.

Last edited by Thasp; 08/14/04 10:37 PM.