Hi all,

I'm looking for a little advice - and I've already bugged Alan once, so I don't want to push my luck

So, I'm moving to NYC, and getting rid of a lot of stuff, including my current set of speakers - JBL 2-ways - titanium tweeter + 8" woofer.

Of course, I'll need to get speakers once I'm there, and why not get something a little better? I like what I've read about axiom, and they are very attractive looking... I'm definitely on a budget, and need something that won't take up much room.

I was originally looking at the M3's and the M22's, but after talking it over with my girlfriend - apparenly I'm not on as much of a budget as I thought - she suggests getting something that we'd be totally satisfied with from the get-go, and never have a burning desire to replace or upgrade.

I'm still considering the M22's, because they seem to be a great value - but now I'm also looking at the M40's. Does anyone out there have experience with both that they would like to share? I'm using it for music only - no home theater at all, and will be driving them with a modestly powered amplifier.

Another thing for people who own M22's - are these going to require stands? It seems like they may, and I don't don't mind building a pair (I built my last set of stands)... but I'd like to know if they are OK w/o them....

Thanks,
Jason