I recently purchased pairs of the M3ti and M2ti speakers for evaluation. I expected the M2ti to be more accurate based on the measured frequency response curves. However, I found just the opposite to be true in my small listening room, which is about 12' by 13'.

By the way, my room is almost completely lined with bookshelves. I placed the speakers 28" stands about 8' apart and about 18" from the rear walls.

I measured the frequency response at several points near my listening position, and was surprised to find that the M3ti produced a significantly flatter overall response.

One reason was that my room has a suck-out at 100Hz, and the M3ti bump at 100Hz helped to offset this. But the main difference was that the M2ti produced elevated levels between 4KHz and 8KHz, about 4db above the mid-band readings. The M3ti was fairly flat in this region. I also found that the M3ti produced better than expected bass in my room. It was flat down to 45 Hz and only down 6 db at 40Hz.

The subjective results of this are that the M2ti sounded a bit bright and harsh compared to the M3ti, although more detailed too.

The lesson here is that even though one speaker might seem to have a flatter frequency response based on lab measurements, it's the in-room response that matters. I suspect that the M22ti would produce similar results to the M2ti.

In my room the M3ti speakers sound and measure more accurate than the M2ti speakers (and probably the M22ti since it has similar curves). I'm keeping the M3ti speakers.