In reply to:

BTW to sirquack I have moved my couch 1 foot behind, equal to, and 1 foot in front of the qs8's which are 6" off the ceiling and 4 ft above listening position and you really can't tell the difference,you don't have to have them set up behind you, they seem awesome in any arrangement.

izub, THANK YOU. You just saved me some time, buddy. Believe it or not, I was going to move the couch around to try that this afternoon. My QS8s are 35" above the LP, and 6 inches in front of it. During movies, sound effects from directly behind sound like they are coming from a speaker mounted in the wall 18" behind my head. At times, I'm looking at the QS8 wondering how they just did that, instead of watching the movie. My girlfriend just laughs at me (after saying "wow!" on many ocassions).

I have to agree that they are excellent for multichannel music as well. They do not change the sound of music, but they simply make it impossible to localize the direction that it is coming from. The fronts and center build the "stage", and the QS8s just distribute the music to every corner of the room. They add to the feel of listening to a live act on a stage by not creating 2 distinct soundstages. You don't feel like the same band is playing both in front of you, and behind you, at the same time. I've experienced this effect before, and it was annoying.

Last comment. The QS8s make the surround sound experience in my HT sound better than any other HT I have ever listened to. That is all I can say.

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.