Actually I agree that M22 is superior to M3 in sound clarity. What bothers me is the tone color of M22. I can feel the sound coming out of the boxes with M22. Although over long time period of listening one may adapt to M22 sound, the wooden box sound is still a contamination to the true sound.

NRC measurements won't give you any idea about how well a speaker really sounds. That is why our ears should be the finall judge, not those measurement lines.

Energy C-3 and M22 cost about the same. Their measurements are also comparable. But, they sound differently. Both Energy and M22 are good in sound clarity and both deliver good sound stage image. Hoever,Energy is less colored and has more to the bottom end. I did not notice the wooden box with Energy C-3.

On the other hand, Axiom speakers are better looking. The Energy is simply ugly with the gril off. In the end, sound range and quality as well as the price have the final say.

M3 sounds less like M22, more like the Energy C-3. M3 is about $200 cheaper. That is why I think M3 and Energy C3 are better value.