man, i can sort of explain a SACD, but dont expect me to get all technical, i am no expert.. but basically, they take the original recording, and remaster the mix into a 5.1, multi channel mix. so instead of the original 2 ch recording, you have a true 5.1 output from your cd player. the clarity and quality on a well mixed sacd is second to none. you get great sound seperation thru ALL the speakers, and the overall surround effect is just awesome.

now, to play sacd's, you have to have a cd/dvd player that plays sacd's, and you have to hook it to the receiver using interconnectors for each channel. in other words, instead of the basic red/white connection from a basic cd/dvd, you will have 6 connections, one for each channel(5.1)..

hope that makes sense.. some of the other guys with more skills might be able to explain it better. but, without a doubt.. the sacd experience is very much worth it. i have several, and i dig every one of them.. those are usually what i put in to 'impress' the friends when they come to listen to my system..

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??