Hey MikeB/MtnBkr,

You keep mentioning how there are good reviews over at audioreview and that they're a paying sponsor, as if this somehow sets them apart.

Well, Axiom is a paying sponsor and also has lots of good reviews there. In fact, Axiom is even in the showcase, and when I went over there just a few minutes ago, they had the top banner on the page. And on audioreview's list of hot picks, Axiom has 4 speakers on the list for mains, including the #1 (M80) and #3 (M60) spots. Streem is nowhere on the list. Let's also compare #s. Axiom has 253 reviews, compared to Streems 28 (5 of which are verbatim from the Streem review page). So if you're trying to say that audioreview is proof of Streem's legitimacy, then surely Axiom is far better in that regard.

But the over-riding issue is that the vast majority of Streem reviews mention that their previous speakers were in the low-end range - aka JBL, Pioneer, Sony, Bose - the type of stuff you see in Best Buy and Circuit City. Now I'm sure these do compare favorably to those speakers (heck one of the customer reviews even goes out and says "I would compare these to the high-end speakers of stores like Best Buy or Circuit City") but it really doesn't take much to compare well with those kind of speakers.

Sure, you might save $400 over Axiom by going with Streem, and maybe if you're not that critical of a listener then it's a good move, but until you hear both Axioms (which several people have offered to arrange) and Streems, it doesn't seem wise to basically proclaim Streems as value of the year.

But then you're a troll, so what does it matter?