In this country, awash with "imported products" I find it kind of "ironic", that ONE of the few products that I WANT to buy made elswhere, is the "import cd".
I have found over the years, that they usually are "better" than most domestic releases. Even with the internet, they are often elusive, and only a "smattering" of them are in local record stores most of the time, and Like our domestic cd's, quickly going in and out of print.
For some reason, the imports are almost always a more "deluxe" package.(even import compilations are more "interesting").
Many have:
Bonus tracks, (even years ago), picture discs, sometimes un-released tracks, booklets with more photos, annotation, and more copious notes.
I have a fair amount of them in my collection, and I find another ironic point being their "high prices".(Import products are supposed to be less expensive right)?
In sharp contrast, are the domestic cd's, many are, and were "budget" releases.(with the exception of the more recent re-masters).
I just wanted to tie up some loose ends I didn't put in the other posts.

One other thing, I just got a cd (made in england) the other day, and in it's booklet it said: "mastered at 48 bit rate, for superior sound"............ is this new, or a typo?.......anyone?

LIFE: "Choices, balance, and timing"

(Larryism)