Judging any speaker will ALWAYS be very subjective. Almost every speaker will have it's detractors. I'd be suspicious of any speaker that got ALL rave reviews. IMHO, the thing to do is look for a consensus of opinion. If you've got 2 negative, and 10 positive reviews, I'd lean toward the positives.

Also, take into account the way the positives and negatives are stated. I'm suspicious of anyone saying "This is the worst center I have ever listened to. It sounds like a transistor radio in a box - pure crap." NO speaker by a reputable company is THAT bad. A trustworthy reviewer would probably say it more like " I didn't care for this speaker because I found it's sibilance irritating." I'd be just as suspicious of a review that said "this speaker is perfect in every way." Huge extremes, to me, imply an agenda.

I have the VP150 and much prefer it over any other center I've had. But, it is not perfect. I doubt if the 100 is perfect either, but there are a greater number of people who like it, than there are those who don't. Only YOU can judge if the VP100 is good for you or not.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton