I’m thinking about getting a set of M22s to run as fronts and a set of M3’s to run as a center (using both of the M3’s as center). The reasoning of this is because I’m on a budget, so I would like to build my system in stages. I also would like to compare the M22’s to the M3’s. Going the M22/M3 route would enable me to make the M3’s rears when I decide to upgrade, or I could even put the M3’s as a second bedroom system.

Would this system sound OK for an interim setup (M22’s as fronts and M3’s as center), or should I look at different center options? Even though it is an interim setup, I would like it to be acceptable. I’m going to be using my system to listen to music 70% of the time, and movies the other 30%. As far as the music side, I listen to a wide variety of music, but lean to rock and pop, but would like a system that would enable me to enjoy any kind of music. Are the M22’s going to perform OK for this since I have a sub? I might upgrade my sub eventually also depending on if my current sub matches the axioms OK for me. If anyone has any other options and ideas, I would like to hear these also.