Bren:
Could I use my PC with Studio Editing software be it using my Revolution 7.1 inputs to record it. Place the input of the MF CD player and record whatever comes out of it and it should track its wave form. Then I place my generic player and record what waveform comes out of it with the same track played. Then one can compare both waveforms to see if it is exactly alike. Yes there is variance in output but I will use a passive preamp to increase or decrease that output. Would that be kind of a test that could be done? Is the test good enough to see what type of waveform is coming out of those players. I have 2 weeks off starting next week so I might get the time to try this out.

Also yes I know the profession you are in but have you PERSONALLY hooked up any of those gear to your professional recording equipment. I mean you and if you have done those tests yourself. Secondly I do not believe in the wire crap so I never went there. I did my test before on them and I could not find a diff between a $80 wire to a $500+ wire. I found a difference (not necessarily better but a difference) with 99.99% pure silver wire though.

Chess: Depends if I'm up for it I could courier my MF and my cheap player to you guys out west and you can do the test with your equipment. Or I know I'm heading to Calgary sometime this winter for a snowboard roadtrip. I may just drop it over? How far are you from Calgary?

demasoni: Luckily I never had to justify what I spend on audio equipment.
I own or have tried budget and expensive gear. What I paid for my MF is what you paid for your cd player. In other word I get some of my stuff at distributors costs for services which I render to my client(s). Only my time is the cost...which I would give up for some nice gear. So kiss my kulos you Malaka!!!!