Bruce - I'm really happy for you. A 3803 for the price I suspect you paid is grand theft audio!!! I hope you get the same pleasure from yours as I am experiencing from mine. By the way, do all 3803 owners get to kiss your wife? .

There is an interesting quirk about this beast that I want to pass on. Hook it to your TV with an S-video cable. This is required for you to be able to see/use the On Screen Display and get through the setup menu for all of you settings.

Also, if by chance you have a Home Theater MX-700 remote, there is a file at Remote Central created by a gentleman named David Gray. It has EVERY remote command available for Denon receivers. I have set up 3 devices on the MX-700 - RECVR (for HT), TUNER (AM/FM radio specific) and SPKR (every one of my speakers now have individual up and down controls, including the sub!). I even added SUB+ and SUB- to all of my component devices on the remote. Serious simplicity when calibrating. As a matter of fact, with what you saved on the 3803, the MX-700 would be worthwhile to consider even if only for the flexibility it provides for the 3803. New is $350, but open box from an authorized dealer is around $190. PM me if you want more info.

Enjoy the 3803!!!!