I'm hoping to in the next couple of days.

I asked my Dad what he would like for his birthday and, after hearing all of my raves in the last couple of years, said he wanted a TiVo. I bought one a month before his birthday when I saw it on sale with a great rebate.

Well, we cut the box to remove the SKU, sent in the rebate, and he now said he wants to try the "Cable box with built-in DVR" alternative so he has a one-box solution. I couldn't return the TiVo with the cut box (plus it's a little over 30 days) and with a final cost of $100 in a store, I'd only get probably $50 for it on eBay (though the box is still actually sealed). I didn't have the heart to tell him that I'm gonna end up eating the cost of the one I bought.

So, I'm going to end up with a Series 2 TiVo to replace my original model. I'll be able to stream music from my PC and program it for a recording over the web. It's not all bad. I just would not have bought one at the moment, because my gut feeling is that they're offering these $100 rebates to clean out stock before introducing a hi-def version.... THAT's what I was waiting for!

Hopefully, I'll get it set up in a couple of days and can report on how well it works out...

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::