I am currently starting to get into the home theater "obsession". I bought a Harmon/Kardon AVR130 and am going to purchase the epic grandmaster speaker set in the near future. My question is about cables. I will probably buy the bulk speaker wire from axiom and also some bananna plus from here as well, and my first question is this: does anyone know if the dual plugs on this site will fit my receiver? Just by eyeing teh terminals in the back i think they might but has anyone tried this?

My second question is about subwoofer/digital coaxial cables. What is the difference (if any) between these? Do I need to buy a special type of cable for these two applications of can I use one of the RCA-type cables that I have laying around my appartment? I know that many people will probably tell me that I should buy the best cables I can afford, but if I would rather use cables that I already have (if possible) for two reasons 1) I live in an appartment and so the ambient noise levels will probably cancel out any gains I may get from more expensive cables (aslo I do not yet have a very critical ear but I will soon be working on that ) and 2) I am a student and as such I will basically be blowing my wad of cash on the receiver and speakers and would rather use substandard cables now and buy better ones as I can afford them/move into a house where the gains from cables will truly be apparent

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Owen Sweatman

---|---|-O <- My Kitten (Grey and White) Also, accepting donations for the MX-700