Hiya Tom,

tomtuttle is an evangelist in training for the MX-700. In short, the remote is terrific. I'd suggest however, that you pick one up from RemoteSurfControl for a couple of reasons. Most important - they are an authorized dealer and you'll get a full warranty. Also, their guy Mike is a regular contributor and support provider at Remote Central (go there and review the Home Theater Remote forum) and rivals Axiom for Customer Service. May be a few bucks more and it will be an "open box" if you want to save some money (guaranteed to be pristine on arrival). Now to the remote (some of this may be redundant - I'm copying from 3 different postings I did)

It's an absolute beast! Does everything and controls up to 20 devices. Tom poinred you to the available files and they are plentiful. As Tom suggested, go to Remote Central. In the Files section find the MX-700 and download the MX-Editor software and Programming Manual (a must read).

Once you read the manual, you will be able to use the 600 MX-700 files in the Files section or the 7,000 files in the "Philips Pronto and Pronto Pro" section. I prefer the Pronto .ccf files because you can simply drag & drop each command using the Universal Browser feature of the MX-Editor software. Matter of fact, you can play with the software and load your devices without having the remote. You upload/download between the remote and PC (no Macintosh though).

Your prime concerns would be to get a user friendly device to replace a collection AND to have it be user friendly. The 700 does all of that & more. There is no mistake in buying this remote. I will mention that you can set up macros such that a single button push will switch you from what you are watching/listening to to what you want to watch/listen to - turns things on & off and switches inputs for TV and receiver. VERY high on the spouse-o-meter for simplicity. If the wife is heavy on the "one button" thing, this puppy delivers handily.

I have a one-button macro for each device. The SAT(satellite) macro turns on the TV, SAT receiver, Denon receiver, flips the TV to the correct VID, flips the Denon to the correct audio and I'm ready to go - one button.

Also set up a device called "SWICH". This was done for self-protection from my wife. "How do I go from the satellite to the DVD player?" I set up macros for the permutations to go from what you are watching/listening to the what you want to get to watch and listen to. For example SAT_DV turns off SAT, flips the TV to the DVD VID, flips the Denon to the DVD audio, turns on the DVD and opens the tray. All she needs to do is drop the DVD in the drawer.

If you want to get into more detail, drop me a PM. Also, I'd be glad to help you with the programming (as likey would Tom and Jack). I'm thrilled with mine and expect you would be as well. Hope this was helpful.