Hello. I've been doing a lot of research online lately concerning speakers. I'm looking to upgrade my 10+ year old set of Allison Acoustics AL105, AL100 and center. I stumbled upon this site and like what I see and read. I am seriously considering ordering up a pair to give them a try. The two I'm looking at are the M22ti bookshelves or the M40ti towers. That's the price range I'm in, because I would pickup the matching stands with the 22's. This makes for a $10 difference between the two. Question is, which one makes more sense for me?

Here is a little background. They'll be driven by a Harmon Kardon AVR220 receiver rated for 55w x 2 or 45 x 5 into 8 ohms at 0.07% THD. If you aren't familiar with H/K, that's a modest rating. Any speaker I get will be used with a Velodyne CT-100 10" 150w RMS subwoofer. My useage is 70/30% between stereo and home theater. The room is medium sized, nothing big.

I'm leaning towards the M22ti's due to their highly regarded midrange and imaging. With the sub, deep bass is not an issue for me. I'm just concerned that I'm not getting as much "speaker" for my money with the bookshelves. However, I know that sound is the most important thing in the end.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Preferably someone with experience with both speakers. If all is successful, center and surrounds will surely follow.

Thanks!