On of the things I left out of my first impressions post, due to my FedEx fiasco, was that I really like the look and feel of the AS5 stand. Very nice indeed.

Now for what I think of it now:

When we were first putting it together we thought it might be a little wobbly but after we tightened it up, it became VERY solid. The shelves are coated with a VERY smooth satin black finish, which looks and feels nice.

I do question using carpet spikes for feet, is there a good reason for that? I currently have it sitting on the aluminum spike shoes on a little carpet. (So it can be moved around for re-wiring, etc. without damaging the floor.)

I finally got a chance to move all of my equipment on to the AS5 rack, and it looks very nice.

Overall I am very happy with it with my three wishes/suggestions to improve it would be:

1) Supply/sell longer tubes to space the shelves out further. (Alan said they can do this)
2) Have cut outs on the right side, as well as the left, for cable management. The cut outs got pretty jammed and I'm not done yet. An alternative would be to just make the cut out on the top shelf bigger
3) Sell an additional shelf kit (consisting of a Shelf, Tubes, and rod extension), or just the shelf and tubes, and let us find our own rod/all-thread.

In summary for my main HT system the AS5 would be perfect by having one more shelf, with the top two shelves 1.75" to 2" taller, and slightly more cable management.

Thanks Axiom!

Michael