Like some others, I am sitting here at work, with some time to kill.. What better, than to stir up the old 'which sub' pot..
Really, I do have some questions to ask.. First, does anyone own both the SVS type as well as the more conventional box type ? If so, and if both have similar rated amps and cone size, have you noticed any difference in the sound ?
My basic understanding, low freq is low freq, and that subs are not rated for things like timbre.. More the quickness of the cone to handle fast passages, as well as long low tones, and it's ability to maintain it's shape during both..
As for the enclosure, I have it again on very good authority, that as long as it is done correctly, one is really no better over the other.. It's all a matter of taste and amount of money you have to spend ? I am sure there is much much more to it all, but I am personally interested in the Axiom (to match my other Axiom spkrs), and the SVS line.. Which brings us back to my question, has anyone heard both types in the same room ? Thoughts ?
Oh yeah, the SVS goes a bit lower, into the 20's, Axioms cutting off in the thirties.. Is this really something to worry about ? I mean, real life, seat of the pants, will this be a factor ? If I added a 2nd Axiom sub, would the small diff in low freg still be a concern ?
Closing comments of my own.. I love my Axioms.. NO complaints at all.. I have never heard an svs, or their type ? I, for one, don't mind the shape, as my room is on the Art Deco side, and the (ugly ?) black tube would not be that big a deal..
Well, there you have it.. Another example of what a boring day at work will do to ya.. I promise, this will be my one dumb post for the week.. Fridays are way too busy here for me to indulge in such behavior.. hahaaa

LFE ! The rest is just details..