My VP150 can be very easy to localize. I just asked a question in another thread about this. Proper calibration always ends up with the correct VP150 setting somewhere between -3 and -4dB below the front channels. My AVR only has 1dB steps, so I always went with -3. For some reason or another I always bumped it up that 1dB because -4 just bothered me. I ended up setting it back to -4 because it was drawing attention to itself during loud scenes. Now, the soundstage is perfect.

That extra 2dB sensitivity rating, and the 2 ohm difference in impedance combine to make a huge difference. When very loud scenes happen, the more efficient VP150 makes better use of the additional power, and it outputs more raw sound energy than the front speakers do. Try an experiment. Lower the VP150 a dB or 2, and see if that helps.

As far as angling it goes, I like the way mine fills out the soundstage better when the front of the drivers are vertical. I have an 8' ceiling, and the TV that the VP150 sits on is just under 6' tall so there is a reflecting surface just 2 feet above it. When I angle it down so that it points directly at the listening position, the soundtage seems to have a hole in it above the TV that is noticable during spaceship & airplane flyovers.

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.