As a side note to your query, when i did finally pick up a sound meter, i did not have to make any changes to the level calibrations. All speakers were within 1dB, which incidentally is the deviation of the radio shack sound meter so you cannot get any more accurate using that item.

Hence, i'm making the assumption now that my general calibration by ear was not far off when i had the M22s several months ago.

As i noted in the review:
"we found that the QS8s simply dispersed sound ALOT differently yet in a way that helps to fool your ears into not knowing exactly where sounds are emanating from"

We did not enjoy the direct speakers that provided a localized sound most likely due to the horrible shape of our viewing/listening room. There simply was not enough space to move the M22s around and tweak them properly for position as rear surrounds.
The QS8s provided a much easier setup, virtually regardless of position, and dispersed the sound so that the primary sound was from the front of the room, which is what one would expect if you were sitting in a theatre watching a production or a band but with those echoes off the side walls, etc.
Although again i also must note as stated from the original review:
"This is not to say that the m22s were not admirable performers."
I liked the M22s very much. They sounded to me quite identical to the M60s except like the 'little brother' version. Not as large a sound, not as deep a bass, but all the clarity and the same sound stage. I wish i had known about Axiom when i was back in my earlier university days. I bought a $1500 Technics system at the time which could have gotten me some much nicer Axiom speakers and a decent receiver.
If we had a room that was a bit more long so i could get the M22s a bit more behind and to the sides then toed in, then i think the M22s would have been a somewhat greater contender for the surround duty in our system.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."